|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||COURSE|
|10 mins||20 mins||Side Dish|
- 1 Large White Onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1½ tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp Mama Ntsama chilli oil (garlic & ginger)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Lime juice
- Coriander finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt taste
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add oil before adding onions. Leave the onions to cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further 1 minute before adding salt, chilli oil and curry powder.
- Add the tomatoes and leave to cook for 3-4 minutes before adding the coconut milk.
- Leave the curry to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, add the chickpeas and cook for another 3-5 minutes ensuring to stir often.
- Pour lime juice and add in some coriander for garnishing (to taste). Serve the chickpea curry with chapati or naan bread – so delicious!!